Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day #15: Savoring the moments

Today was my last full day in the Cape Town area.  I spent it trying to soak in everything around me! I walked for hours, wrote, read, reflected....It's been a perfect end to a pretty amazing trip.



I have so many thoughts and ideas rolling around - by the time I get home I will have had 20 days of travel filled with so many new experiences, questions answered, more questions raised, beautiful places, hard histories, inspiring triumphs!  In the coming days I'll try to put it all into a somewhat conclusive reflection on what I've learn and seen here, and how it will influence me personally and through my teaching in the time to come.  For now, though, I'm just savoring...

Tomorrow I'll fly from Cape Town to back to the city of gold, and ultimately on to Atlanta.  I plan to have a day there to explore America's civil rights movement, and begin connecting the histories and experiences I've had here with the world a bit closer to home.  Then, back to fabulous MN!  I hear it's swelteringly lovely this time of year!!! :)

Though the sun is setting on this part of this amazing experience, my learning is ongoing.  I look forward to sharing my reflections and ongoing insights in the days to come!

~emily~

No comments:

Post a Comment