Monday, June 16, 2014

Day #3: Arriving in Cape Town

Hello from Cape Town!

After a rough night of sleep last night (I think that jet lag may have finally caught me!) we found our way back to the airport, onto our plane, and into Cape Town!

We decided to take a bus from the airport into town, and walked with our luggage (little PCV flashback there!) until we got to our hotel - a great spot right in the heart of the city.  After getting settled, we grabbed a bite to eat at a cute little Tapas restaurant, and then spent a little bit of time exploring the city.

My first impression of Cape Town: what a lovely, lovely place!!!  The architecture is beautiful, Table Mountain is gorgeous, there are so many interesting places we have strolled by...I can't wait to explore more!

But...for tonight...resting, planning, and getting back into a normal sleep schedule! :-)  I've got popcorn, rooibos tea, my already well worn Cape Town guide book, and there's a marching band playing American pop songs on the street below my window (so much for that sleep, eh?)!  I'm good to go for tonight!

More to come tomorrow!

~emily~

No comments:

Post a Comment